He's in!




Well, life is good this morning. Zeb was able to feed Kailei her bottle so he is on cloud nine. She has definitely warmed up to him. There are times when she prefers me it seems but now we can tag team with more ease.
She had her first bath with us last night. No problems at all. She splashed around and had a grand time.
She slept well again. I love getting a baby that doesn't require me to get up every few hours. I should have done this years ago. :)
We ventured outside of the hotel for a while this morning. The whole crew came as we are all getting a little cabin few. We went to a department store called the Apollo. It was a rather big place with lots of stuff. It was more like shopping in Foley's. We didn't purchase too many things...a couple of books and a bracelet for Kailei. We've seen many chinese children with little bracelets with bells so we purchased one for her. Her arm is too small so whe wears it on ankle (the jewelry attendant put it on her there).
We ate at McDonalds which tasted great. There is a significant language barrier here in Changsha so ordering food or going anywhere provided more a challenge for us. We weren't able to stay long as some families were going to their orphanage today. Hengyang families are the only ones who can't so we are bummed but that is the breaks.
Kailei is sleeping right now but we will venture out on our own after she wakes. Should be interesting. I'm afraid to cross the road as traffic is crazy here. We might just have to walk around the block.
On a sad note, I tried posting a message last night but got kicked out. I was asking for prayers for the Chin and Huber families. Unfortunately their matched babies ended up being very, very sick. They chose not to adopt them which has been extremely difficult for those families. There was a lot of heartache around here yesterday. The good news is that the Huber family received another baby girl last night from a local Changhsa orphanage. We have not heard an update about the Chin family but hope they are doing OK. It is extremely rare to have two families in one group with such sick babies. We feel even more blessed to have Kailei, who seems very happy and healthy.
Fairly uneventful around here I must say. I'm sure after gotcha day this blog has not been too exciting. Hard to top getting Kailei but this whole process is so very interesting. Hope you are all doing well. We love you and miss you all and wish you were all on this amazing journey with us. xoxoxox

5 Comments:
Oh gosh I wish we were all there too. Don't stop the dailies now. It's the next best thing.
Lv Judy
Congratulations Chrissy & Zeb and of course Keara. What a wonderful journey. The pics of "shu shu" are just terrific. She's an absolute beauty. I can't thank you enough for letting Eddie & I share in your wonderful journey and so look forward to more of your "Journey to Kailei". Safe trip home. Love to all, Counsins Paula & Eddie.
Just lovin your pictures & stories! You & Zeb have BIG smiles-Kailei is beautiful! Cindy Davis
Welcome Kalei... this is all wonderful.
Anne
You're "Journey to Kailei" is the best reading I've ever done. Thank you for letting us share your joys and heartache.
Love and good luck
Terri, Enrico, Michael and Laura
Post a Comment
<< Home