Friday, July 08, 2005

We're here!



Well, much to our surprise Keara transitioned to her vacation very well. When Zeb's parents arrived she was ready and eager to get going. She didn't cry at all but Zeb and I sure had to hold back a few tears.

We arrived in San Francisco in no time via Frontier. There was not much too do in the airport but we were in good company.

After a very long flight we finally arrived in Hong Kong this morning. It is hard to believe we are actually here. I'm still pinching myself.

We arrived very tired but were treated very well on Singapore Air. It was a little turbulent at times but nothing we couldn't handle.

While we really wanted to sleep upon arriving at the Shangri-La, we decided to venture out instead. We were on our own today so Zeb and I walked around quite a bit. Hong Kong would remind you a lot of NYC. We went down Nathan Rd which is a big shopping strip. We stumbled upon Kowloon Park which was a great place to relax and quite beautiful. After the park we decided to partake in high tea at The Peninsula hotel. Very enjoyable and quite fancy I must say. We went to the Hong Kong Museum of Art and walked down the Avenue of the Stars. Zeb is so tired he looks like a zombie right now so we stayed close to the hotel tonight.

It is very hot and humid here, but easy to get around since so much is within walking distance. No language barrier here so we get along just fine.

We find ourselves missing Keara a bunch and hope she is doing well at Grandpa and Grandma's house.

Tomorrow we have a group tour so that should be fun.

We just have to get through the weekend keeping ourselves busy until we get Kailei.

Right now, we both need sleep so I'll sign off until later.

Hugs to everyone!

6 Comments:

At 7:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What joy for your family... the love you are bringing to little Kaleil and our world is a bright spot that will always grow...

 
At 7:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am getting more and more excited now, too! Seeing you in these pictures is amazing, and knowing you are about to meet Kalei, my whole body smiles. I love you both, Judith

 
At 12:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Guys,

I hope this isn't a duplicate msg. My computer booted me out there for a minute. Just wanted to say we're so glad you made it! Enjoy your time in Hong Kong - you'll need the rest.

Great picture of the two of you. Can't wait to see one with three faces!

Love,

Matt and Sheryl

 
At 5:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow!!! I can't believe you are finally there. It seems like we have all been waiting for this forever. I hope that you are having a wonderful time. I know your family will be more complete with Kailei. Congratulations!You are amazing and I love you both, Andrea

 
At 9:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am glad you got there safely! I can't wait to see pictures of Kailei in your arms!
With love, Lynn

 
At 12:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! What an exciting time. Thanks for sharing your adventure.

Alicia

 

Post a Comment

<< Home