It's a girl!




Oh, my heart is so full! What an amazing morning! Our daughter is here and she is just beautiful. Life is good.
It feels like we have been up forever but it is just barely lunch time right now. I didn't sleep last night so it seemed dawn would never arrive. Zeb slept like a rock.
We had an early breakfast and a short meeting this morning to get some paperwork filled out. We learned how to make a bottle for Kailei and quickly got ready to go down and get her.
Gotcha day was a little chaotic. I think everything happened in just minutes. Twelve children joined twelve families forever
Kailei was asleep when they handed her to me but woke up during the hand off. She was just great. Hardly cried at all. She is just amazing and we feel so very lucky. All the Hengyang children were in matching outfits. It was difficult for the nannies to say goodbye. They were crying as hard as I was. I'm so grateful to them for all that they have done for my daughter.
We were swept back to the hotel within minutes and we are now spending time with Kailei. We will have a visit with the orphanage director and a doctor this afternoon.
Kailei has a bit of a cold from what I can tell but looks great otherwise. We have seen smiles and it just melts our heart. She took a bottle right away so I was happy about that.
Her nickname is Xiu Xiu (pronounced similar to shu shu). She has three teeth now. She is petite. The diapers I bought are too big but that is OK - we will manage. She is enjoying all her toys and seems to like investigating everything. She is standing with assistance and sits up well. She is just a cutie - what can I say?
She is due for nap soon so I better get off this computer. She seems to like me so I'm happy about that too.
We're a family of four now. Her delivery is indeed a miracle.
Love to everyone.

10 Comments:
CONGRATULATIONS!She is beautiful and we are so very happy for you all.Your journey of love is complete.Please give lots of love, hugs and kisses from grammy and poppy.
CONGRATULATIONS! We just have chills thinking about it - so, so, happy for you all! She's beautiful and looks wonderful and you guys look so very happy! Please extend our congratulations to big sister Keara as well! We're thinking of you guys and look forward each day to your posts.
Hurry home so we can meet her!
Matt, Sheryl and Samantha
She is more beautiful then in her original pictures! Those sonograms sure didnt do her justice. Hip-Hio-Hurray, today is Kailei's Day!!
She is indeed a very lucky little princess to have 2 wonderful parents and a great big sister.
Love you all!
Aunt Judy
Congratulations! Her smile is heartwarming! I am so excited for you! Yea!!!!!
Love, Lynn
She looks great! We are all very proud and happy for both of you. Enjoy your time with her and be sure to enjoy China! We can't wait to see her in person. We love and miss your whole family of four! (BTW welcome to a whole new world, two kids is awesome but its definitely double trouble some days). God Bless you and your journey. Zeb, I saw a Simpson’s episode that was about a Chinese adoption, good satire :).
All our love,
Kevin, Jess, Ethan, and Dylan
Kailei is so beautiful! I cannot believe it. Your post brought tears of joy to my eyes. I cannot wait to meet her! She is a perfect and precious addition to the family! Have a safe trip home!
Love,
Jessica
These are the photos we've been waiting for! We look forward every day to reading your latest news and today's just took the cake!! Xiu Xiu (I'm big on nicknames you know) is such a doll - can't wait to see her and Keara in action!!! : )
Love and Hugs, Kathy (and Candy, and Mer, and Marsh ... and a bunch of my I.S. cohorts who are reading along with me!)
Dear Chris and Zeb, We are sooooooooooooooo excited about little shu shu. Finally she is with her mommy and daddy. We are praying for a safe trip home and we look forward to seeing the gang! I think you can call a family of four the gang. Congratulations and I look forward to hearing from keara when she sees her new sister. Love jack and bernice
"...It is not a slight thing when they, who are so fresh from God, love us." --Dickens Congratulations on your sweet new gift from Heaven! Seeing you with your new daughter brought realization to me that you are now a family of 4! LIFE is giving you so many new beginnings & blessings. Can't wait to meet Kailei. Cindy Davis
I just keep looking at your pictures and am so tickled to see how happy you all seem. Are those dimples I see? Oh my!
Aunt Judy
Post a Comment
<< Home