It's not a dream!



7/12/05
Ni Hao from Changsha!
Wow, I’m still in a fog but we woke up with a baby still here so I know it wasn’t a dream. Things are going well. Yesterday Kailei slept most of the afternoon. I was a little worried she wouldn’t sleep during the night after a 4-5 hour nap but she did so I got some rest as well.
We had a visit by the orphanage director and nannies yesterday. It went well. We videotaped the conversation so will have some footage to share. They presented us with some pictures of the orphanage staff, the nannies with the girls and another one of just the girls. The pictures really meant a lot. They returned the camera I sent them and they apparently took some pictures with it so we are grateful for that. They also presented us with some combs made in Hengyang for Kailei. We aren’t sure who did it but one of the nannies also put an apple in Kailei’s crib. It was very emotional since we are indeed the first international adoption from this orphanage. Everyone cared deeply for these children. I was touched by everything. We are unable to go to the orphanage unlike many of the other families but we did get invited to come back someday.
The doctor also made a visit yesterday. She said Kailei was doing well. Seems she just might have a cold but she is coming back today to check on her again. There are a number of other children with various issues so we feel lucky that she is basically healthy.
This morning we made everything official. We spent two hours in an incredibly hot room this morning with the notary and register. Right before we took a family photo, I had my first dirty diaper so I felt like a real mom.
Kailei is doing well. It is so much fun getting to know her personality. She has a beautiful smile with a little dimple on her cheek that I could just die for. I think she will be walking before we know it. She loves to be standing. I was hoping to keep her immobile for a little while but there doesn’t seem to appear to be a way to stop her.
She is very focused and can have a one track mind sometimes. We could be in trouble in our family – a battle of wills with all the girls and Zeb is the odd man out.
She is teething a little today but not fussy so we can live with the drool.
We are slowly learning her schedule. We attempted to follow the nannies suggestion but we are a little off and kind of winging it. Seems to be working so far. We haven’t ventured out of the hotel at all except when we had to. Tomorrow will be our first outing. Zeb and I are extremely unorganized. Things are everywhere. We can’t find anything. It is kinda funny but I hope we get our act together soon.
Kailei seems to be a mommy’s girl. (I’m not arguing with her since I know it will be short lived and soon she will realize Zeb is the real softy) Zeb gets to hold her when she is asleep and can play from a distance with her. He tried to feed her this morning but was officially snubbed. She wanted nothing to do with that but took the bottle right away when I tried. I have to sneak away for a few minutes at a time to get anything done but I’m sure that her dad will grow on her soon.
She is just such a blessing to have in our lives. I’m glad Keara is enjoying her vacation and being here confirmed that it was the right decision for us to leave her back home. Many of the families that brought 2-4 year olds are saying they wished they had not brought their children. It just makes me feel better to hear others say that.
Life is good. I can’t wait for all of you to meet Kailei. She is lighting up our life. We must have done something right to be blessed with such a special little girl.
Sending hugs and kisses!

6 Comments:
The pictures of Kailei are beautiful...such precious moments!We can't wait to welcome you all back and meet our new granddaughter.We are looking forward to our "vacation time" with big sister Keara.As always,with all our love.
Oh she is just adorable and my heart melts with that big smile and dimple! Too cute!
I am encouraged to here that you had to change a dirty diaper Christine. While I am sure Zeb is diappointed that she is rather shy with him yet I am sure he didnt mind missing that one.
Love ya Aunt Judy
Kailei,
You are so beautiful and it is such a joy to see pictures of you. We are looking forward to meeting you. I know that Keara and your Mom and Dad are just thrilled.
Keara,
You will be a wonderful big sister. How lucky Kailei is. We will visit real soon.
Chris and Zeb,
It has been a joy to follow you through this process. We are elated for you and your entire family. What a blessing for all of you.
Love,
Sharon, Stefan, Kiernan + 1
Marty and I love the smile! Keep the pictures coming. There are sure to be some not-so-pleasant moments but it looks like the wonderful ones will fast out pace them. It will be fun to meet her--when she is adjusted and ready for even more new faces!
Thanks for the pictures! Kailei is such a doll! I look forward to the postings each day! My thoughts and prayers are with you! Love, Lynn
What a beautiful smiling face. What a precious gift! Thank you so much for sharing your journey.
Love Aunt Ann Marie
Post a Comment
<< Home