Re-entry
I've been meaning to update sooner but we were hit by jet lag beyond belief. We are just starting to feel normal again.
Re-entry (as my friend Sheryl calls it) has been tough. I was sick as a dog on the flight from Hong Kong to San Francisco. Nothing worse than vomiting in an airplane lavatory for 12 hours. Zeb was a trooper and handled Kailei the entire time since I was really out of commission. Fortunately we had a layover in San Francisco overnight so we got some rest and felt better in the morning. I'm not sure whether it was some 24 hr bug or food poinsoning but I do know it was miserable.
When we arrived in Denver, we had a great welcoming party. Keara, my parents, Zeb's brothers and their families were all there to greet us. What a nice way to come home! We of course enjoyed seeing Keara. She was so excited and elated to finally have the baby sister we have been talking about for the last year.
After hanging out at the airport, we decided to go have lunch together. Salad never tasted so good to me. And ice...we were so excited to have drinks with ice in them.
Kailei hated the car seat. She screamed all the way to the restaurant. She has never been confined before so this was a real problem for her. Holding her ears Keara just said, "It's kinda loud in here". Fortuantely she slept on the way home from the restaurant.
We spent Saturday and Sunday in a zone. No sleep played quite the toll on our bodies. Both Keara and Kailei ran fevers on Sunday. Mom brought over home-made spaghetti on Sunday and it tasted great. I might have slept through dinner but leftovers on Monday were awesome too. Tracie and Nicholas came over and met Kailei on Sunday as well.
I took Kailei to the doctor on Monday for her cheeks. She gave her medicine for eczema. Seems to working well. Uncle Mark met Kailei on Monday. I think he thought she was pretty cute.
I was really hating life early on but we appear to be over the hurdle. We have had a number of nights with Kailei sleeping through the night and our world is a brighter place.
Kailie has quite the social calendar. Lots of people to meet. She met my friends Lynn and Judith on Wednesday and work is clamoring to have me bring her in.
It is a bit of an adjustment to have two children now. I think it will take some time to get into a groove but we are working on it.
Kailei is a joy. Her smile lights up a room and watching Keara with her is delightful.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home