Monday, July 18, 2005

Not just another Monday







Hello,

Well, Zeb is back from the dead. He was vertical today so that was an improvement over the past few days. He even decided to risk touring with us so and I was happy to have him join us.

It was another very hot day (I’m not sure if there is any other weather here).  We began the day at the Six Banyan’s Temple. It has a famous Pagoda there that is quite extraordinary. We also participated in a special blessing for the babies from the monk there.

We then went to the Provincial Art Craft store. Just looked at various crafts made in Guangdong province. I did get a tea set I liked and Bob (another Dad) bargained for me. He was quite good at it and got me a good deal. I don’t like the bargaining part of things but when I shy away it seems to work the same effect.

After that we headed to the Provincial Folk Art Museum. It is the best preserved Qing Dynasty building in Guangdong Province built about 100 years ago. It was a magnificent building but not air conditioned so we didn’t stay very long.

We got back around 1:00ish so Zeb and I went to Lucy’s for lunch. Everything is so tasty when you are hungry.

After lunch we did some shopping. Zeb bought a mah-jong set that weighs about 20 lbs. Could he have picked anything heavier? I don’t think so but at least I don’t have to carry it. He is quite smitten with his purchase so whatever makes him happy is good. Kailei and Zeb took a late nap so I did some more shopping. We were able to get the formula Kailei is on so are grateful for that.

We ended up buying a stroller. I just kept thinking about our time on Thursday. We will be in three airports that day and I just think it would help us. It cost about $20 so I think it was worth it.

We went out to dinner with our friends Paul, Lynn and Emily. Their daughter is the one Kailei was pictured with yesterday. They are from Denver and we have really enjoyed their company this trip. Zeb ate some squid and paid me $25 to try it. I did – tastes like chicken. 

We had planned on going swimming this evening but got around too late for dinner so time is getting the best of us.

Kailei is off her “schedule”. She was actually great all day but once again had a meltdown this evening before bed. Ah, the joys of parenthood.

Tomorrow brings another medical exam for Kailei and then a potential tour again. I’m not sure if we will go as it is in the afternoon and the heat is just a killer. We will have to wait and see.

Kailei sends her love to everyone (we do to).  Until tomorrow…..

2 Comments:

At 10:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am going to the zoo today.The pictures of you were great.I slept with your picture last night.I love you.Kailei is cute.xoxoxoxo

 
At 10:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was great to see you all together and smiling again.Hope everyone stays well.Can't wait to see you all on Friday! Lots of love

 

Post a Comment

<< Home