Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Our last day





Howdy folks,

Guess what? It was hot again in Guangzhou. Hard to believe, I know but I’m telling the truth here. 

Paperwork was delivered to the US consulate this morning. We were sequestered to our room in case of a problem but apparently there was none. We bought another suitcase so we could to begin to pack all of the souvenirs while we waited.

We ordered in for lunch. Danny’s bagel place delivers. We were really hungry so it tasted great.

We took the famous “red couch photo” today with all the babies. It is a tradition for many adoptive families. It was a riot trying to get all the babies smiling. Needless to say it didn’t work but we do have pictures of all these beauties.

Late this afternoon we took a tour to the pearl market (for lack of a better term). It was really a gigantic department store with a million other jewelry stores inside. I didn’t intend to buy any pearls but I can’t pass up a good deal either so I got my daughters and my future niece a set. Perhaps they can wear them on their wedding day some day. There was a token dvd store in the shopping center so we also bought a few Chinese dvd’s. What better way to learn Chinese than to watch Disney’s Mulan, right?

We still had our sites on going to a park and finally took a taxi there. Can I just say that nobody does parks better than Japan and China. I just love them. We were not disappointed in the least. I wish we could have spent more time there but you literally could use a bus to see the sites in Yue Kiu Park

We had a little bit of a situation as we went to leave in that Zeb had lost the piece of paper with our hotel name on it in Chinese. We stopped one taxi but couldn’t communicate where we needed to go so had to get out. Zeb finally found our room key and it happened to have the hotel name in Chinese on it so we weren’t forever stranded.

We got back and ordered from Danny’s again. We needed to do some more packing and Kailei had not really slept all day. We were expecting another meltdown but it was minor so that was good.

We did have some laundry go m.i.a. but it was found later. Thank goodness. You all did not want us getting off the plane in the sweaty clothes we currently have on.

We will be up late packing tonight. Should be fun.

Tomorrow we go take our oath at the US consulate. We will travel pretty much the rest of the time so I may not post much more. Wish us luck on our 12 hour (with a tail wind) plane ride.

5 Comments:

At 10:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like China has found a place in your heart as Kailei has found a place in ours.Keara is getting more excited each day...she just beams whenever we talk about you arriving home.God bless, safe travel, and see you all on Friday.xoxoxo

 
At 12:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Safe travels... G-d bless.

 
At 12:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a safe trip! You may need to get an application for your PCs that plays different region DVDs unless those are region one. No worries though, they are easy enough to find. Anyway glad everyone is great, our crew is looking forward to seeing you soon.

Cheers

Kevin

 
At 12:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Boy.....Home is in site!
Travel Safe, Judy

 
At 12:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you all. Wishing you all the best!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home