Friday, July 01, 2005

Lifebook

Every once in a while, I get to enjoy the art of scrapbooking. I'm not very good at it but I do enjoy it. As Zeb and I have gone through our parenting classes we have learned that it is important for adopted children to have a "lifebook". "A lifebook has a very specific purpose of providing adopted children with a detailed account of their lives before they were adopted."

It is not an easy story to write. It is a resource that is shared over a lifetime to encourage open and ongoing discussion about how and why a child came to be adopted.

I've spent the last few weeks trying to understand the difference between a lifebook and scrapbook. I've started on Kailei's but find that it is very time consuming. I really fear not getting this done and becoming too darn busy when I'm suddenly the mother of two.

Anyway, I have a ton of scrapbooking items but none really geared for an asian theme which is how I'd like to build Kailei's lifebook. I've been on the hunt for asian looking paper, stickers and the like. Not easy to find unless you go online. It can be addicting too.

Yesterday, Hobby Lobby was having a sale on all their scrapbooking supplies. Again, not too many asian items but I sure had fun shopping.

I'll keep you updated as to how the lifebook goes. Wish me luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home