Yahoo groups
Many of you know that I've spent the majority of the year belonging to some yahoo adoptive groups. For those that may be unaware, a yahoo group is simply a group of people with the same interest that basically email each other.
I belong to one group that consists of people whose paperwork went to China in November of last year and are from a variety of adoption agencies.
I belong to another group that consists of people whose paperwork went to China in November of last year and are only using CCAI, my adoption agency.
I spent and continue to spend quite a bit of time online talking, venting, getting questions answered, listening and posting responses. It is so nice to have a place to go where others are going through the same kind of life changes.
While a part of both groups I joined in a secret pal exchange. We send and receive gifts each month that help us pass the time. The secret pal exchange has been great fun. I just recently found out who my secret pals were. One was from North Carolina and the other from Oregon. They were both very thoughtful and always included a gift for Keara. I still have have some final gifts to send out and will reveal myself to my secret pals in July.
Recently I've joined a few more groups (I really need to cut myself off soon). I belong to one that is simply parents of children adopted from China and then I belong to a few groups that are helping me put a lifebook together for Kailei (I'll post more on that later).
I've met a lot of great people through these groups. We hope to catch up with some of them on our trip and look forward to having their continued support as we return.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home