The Day Before Match Day
On Monday, I drove to school and was thinking that we had about one more week to go before we would actually get any news. I just wanted to keep busy and make sure the time flew by as fast as it could.
I came into work as usual and started to read my e-mail. I found it interesting that my Nov group was talking about referrals and I was very excited for them but our agency just kept talking about next week so I didn’t think twice about their announcements. Later that morning I was reading messages from the CCAI group and someone posted that they had updated the web site to say that CCAA mailed referrals on Friday. I could hardly believe it! I quickly logged into the web site and read the message for myself. It simply took my breath away. I cried, I laughed and could hardly believe it. I called Zed and told him that we would get matched that week. I wasn’t sure when. The referrals had to come to CCAI, get translated and then they would call. I thought maybe Wednesday, Thursday or Friday at that point.
I ran and told Rita and then told people in the main office. Everyone was thrilled. I was still having a hard time breathing because my heart was just beating so fast. I was sooooooo excited. I called Mom and Dad and told them the good news as well. It was all happening much sooner than expected. That ladybug that landed on Zeb was the real deal!
As the morning continued on, the yahoo group lit up with more and more information. Soon someone posted that they had called CCAI and got a message that referrals were in, staff was busy translating them and calls would be made on Tuesday! Yippee!!! I couldn’t believe it. Tuesday, my birthday, would be the big day. I called everyone back, ran and told the office and Rita and listened to my heart beat even faster. I could hardly work that day. I enjoyed the buzz on the yahoo group and similar to the last referral group, I organized a tailgate party at CCAI in the morning.
That evening I went over to Mom and Dad’s for a short while. I had dinner there and simply shared the day with them. They were getting excited too.
I went home that night and began to get ready for the morning. Got my questions ready, charged the video camera battery, made sure we had good batteries in the still camera and numerous other things. We got our travel group number that night as well so we could begin to find out who else we might travel with. Our group number was 806. For a while we didn’t think anyone was going to be traveling with us but soon they began to come out of the woodwork. Zeb and I could hardly sleep that night we were so excited.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home